Monday, February 19, 2007

Straight Talk Express, Clinton-style

I just have to link to Yglesias on Clinton:

Hillary Clinton: "Some people may be running who may tell you that we don't face a real threat from terrorism. I am not one of those."
Whew. Where have all the straight shooters like Hillary been the last 6 years? Truly, if I could pick one threat facing America that's been really underreported, I would have to pick terrorism. There's been an appalling lack of interest in this subject, I would guess starting around September or October 2001.




2 comments:

Gledwood said...

A female president of the USA is, let's face it long overdue... don't you think?? I think I might have come across yours before, it does look familiar...

I found you blog-hopping though, not via a link but randomly, as I do... if you want to drop by mine I'm at gledwood2.blogspot.com, you're most welcome. It is very different to yours though!

All the Best now

Gledwood

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by, even if it was randomly :) I just paid a visit to your blog, keep up the good work!

I agree totally, it's long overdue for either a woman or minority to win the presidency. It's a very exciting time especially with Obama's entry in the race. I can't shake the sense that these are historic times we're living in, especially now that Republican Party is so vulnerable.

I sincerely hope that Hillary's desire to always triangulate and parse an issue to death doesn't get her into trouble in battles to come.